Looking to add more umf to your morning oats? If so, here are some healthy and fun options guaranteed to spruce up your regular routine!
Oats are a great option for breakfast, however, they can be a little bland on their own. Adding, flavour and colour will not only add to the nutrient content of your oats, but also, excite your taste buds. Using natural, organic whole oats are non processed and full of fibre. Oats naturally contain powerful soluble fibre called beta glucans and are full of antioxidants. They can also help balance blood sugar and can help lower colesterol levels. Here are five fun and creative ways to consume more of this incredible food.
1. Cook the oats as per package instructions. Add, 1/2 cup of natural unsweetened yogurt, 1/4 of pomegranate seeds, 1/2 sliced kiwi and a drizzle of all natural local honey and you have a breakfast that will keep you full longer and is chocked full of antioxidants.
2. For those watching sugar intake, simply eliminate the honey and fruit and replace with walnuts, pumpkin seeds, unsweetened plain yogurt, unsweetened chocolate chips and a drizzle of you favourite flavoured liquid stevia.
3. Overnight oats are a new and exciting way to excite your boring oats. In a mason jar add 3/4 cup oats, 1/8 cup cranberries, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1 tsp of honey, pumpkin seeds, pecans, 1 tsp chia seeds and 1 cup of your favourite milk and leave in the fridge overnight. Ready to enjoy in the morning!
4. A baked twist...Add, 2 tbsps of honey to 1 1/2 cup oats, 2 tbsps coconut oil, 1 cup chopped and peeled apple, 1/2 cup of almond milk. Mix together and bake at 375F for 30 minutes, Enjoy!
5. Smoothie oats! Something a little different...add 1/4 cup of oats to blender along with 1/2 cup yogurt, 3 whole dates, 3 frozen strawberries, 1 tbsp of MCT oil, 1 tsp honey, 1 tsp of cocoa powder, 1 cup vanilla cashew milk, blend and enjoy!
However you choose to prepare your oats, they are certainly a nutritious and delicious start to your day!